Time is running out.
If you’re still not sure what to do when you see the alert notice in your Google Analytics account, don't worry — but you will need to act quickly.
Here's what we recommend you do...
Google confirms it shortened search results snippets after expanding them last December
Google has confirmed that only about five months after increasing the search results snippets, it has now decreased the length of these snippets. Danny Sullivan of Google wrote, “Our search snippets are now shorter on average than in recent weeks.” He added that they are now “… slightly longer than before a change we made last December.”
More reasons to respond to Google My Business reviews
There's plenty of research showing how influential online reviews are on peoples' purchasing decisions. In short, positive reviews attract and negative reviews repel potential customers.
Some of the most visible reviews on the web are those from Google My Business pages shown in Google search results.
Responding to reviews left by customers - especially negative ones - is important. Google has just given businesses an added reason to do this. Google will now be sending email notifications to customers whenever a business responds to their Google My Business review.
Read why this matter here
What we’ve been reading this week
- 1More details on Microsoft Audience Network: Workflows, ad formats & how to target with LinkedIn data
- 2Uh, did Google fake its big A.I. demo?
- 3What future for first, second and third party data?
- 4Facebook adds Voice Posts, Stories archive, and new cloud storage features
- 5You’re paying for Google to track you so that you can use Google services for free