Google has announced Google My Business user ratings are now eligible to be shown in AdWords’ Location Extensions. At this stage, however, ratings will only be shown on desktops and tablets.
Ratings will be automatically eligible for inclusion if advertisers have linked their AdWords accounts to their Google My Business location information.
Why should you care?
Reviews help distinguish one AdWords advertiser from another, whether shown in AdWords Review Extensions or Location Extensions.
If you’re a local business with office and shop locations, you’ll want to make sure your Google My Business account is linked to your AdWords account. That’s the easy part – you also need to earn good reviews from your customers.
Other search marketing news this week:
- The perils of migrating your website to https (plus a fix)
- Hackers injecting spam into websites using PDFs
- Flash ads still showing on mobile devices, losing advertisers money
- AdWords Location Extensions now including user ratings
- Solved – Subdomain tracking issue in Google Universal Analytics
If you found this useful, please tell your friends.